Hygiene Risks In The Bar
For many, the bar is a safe zone. Free from risks of bacterial contamination and general food safety. Unfortunately, this is simply not the case. Although limited and to a lesser degree than the kitchen. The risks in the bar is much the same as the kitchen.
What do we know about preventing food safety risks?
Cleaning & Sanitising
- The first step in creating a food safety system, is the fundamental aspect of cleaning and sanitising.
- The second pillar is probably the most important in terms of eliminating cross-contamination. Hand washing and clean hands awareness is critical to food safety.
- The third pillar can be categorised into two areas
- Perishable foods (Cold storage)
- Dry goods
- The fourth pillar of food safety is a fundamental principle in preventing the growth of bacteria and ensuring the quality of food is maintained.
- The fifth and final pillar of food safety related to how food is handled during storage and preparation. Food Handling carries the greatest risk when dealing with cross-contamination.